AshokaWikiHome | RecentChanges | Preferences | Search | Help | AshokaHome
Showing revision 1
Where to take Ashoka House
- Sustainable: finacially viable and protecting privacy
- Maintenance: Original vision and property maintenance
- Past roles: community meetings, spiritual gatherings, examination of critical issues
- What's not being done that needs to be done?
1. No Option option
2. Retreat for Rent
- Help create a critical mass of Bowen Island retreats
- strengths: dialogue centre away from the fray, yet close to Vancouver. Use the resources of the Island. Seperate the centre from the house.
- Someone to program
- Ashoka seperated as a revenue generator
- possible collaboration (rental), either as a simple rental or planned programs with a paid programmer to start
3. Collaboration with an educational institution or group
- Minimum breakeven budget to pay for all expenses including maintenance
- They program, Ashoka rental
- Possible benefactor (in their "dream" area eg. Clearwater/education peace)
- Recruit key person to make things happen
4. Applied Foresight Centre
Here's how it would work:
- start with a problem or critical issue to the future
- vision of a preferable vision for the future
- background understanding of the issue: what is the probable future without action?
- What steps can be taken to acheive the preferable future?
- Who is responsible for the steps and what is the timetable?
This then would be a think tank that takes a problem and stays with it long enough to get action and solve it.
Centre for Applied Foresight
- Committment to idea
- Continue to work with a small group of people